For this Christmas Eve, a day usually spent getting ready for Christmas dinner or making/wrapping the last Christmas gifts, I propose you a quick and easy recipe that can be a beautiful dessert to be served with the Christmas coffee or a small last-minute gift: you’ll need just a box and red paper to create something very Christmassy and very appreciated.
It’s my way to give you all a little gift and to wish you a sweet and peaceful Christmas, surrounded by your loved ones.
Have a nice Christmas Eve and, of course, a great Christmas Eve’s dinner.
- 250 g almond flour
- 25 g ermelline almond flour (bitter almonds)
- 200 g sugar
- egg white (about 90 g)
- vanilla/orange peel
- granulated sugar
- Put in a bowl the two almond flours and add the flavours (vanilla/orange peel).
- Put in a bowl or in a plate some granulated sugar.
- Add the egg white a little at a time, until you get an homogeneous dough that you can use to form little balls (not too soft, but not too hard)
- Form little balls with your dough (about a teaspoon to obtain the classic amaretto size) ad roll them into granulated sugar.
- Place your balls on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and press them GENTLY with three fingers (thumb, index and middle finger), so it will take the typical amaretto shape.
- Bake in a 356°F-390°F (180°-200° C) for a few minutes (10 minutes maximum).
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool down on a rack