- SHOP LIST
- natural yogurt (or Greek yogurt)
- plain flour
- seed oil
- baking powder
I’m not saying anything new, here… I just can’t say no to a good old home-made breakfast, usually based on cakes and similar, that are easy and quick to make (unlike cookies), and their softness and aroma could last for an entire week.
For breakfast I prefer those soft, fluffy cakes, perfect to sop up in the morning (and/or in the afternoon) coffee ; when they also are light, ’cause made with yogurt or oil (or both), well, how could I say no?
So, as soon as I laid my hands on the first oranges of the season, already incredibly juicy, I remembered this plum cake I saw a lot of time ago on Zucchero e Sale, and I certainly didn’t pull back.
Well, now you don’t have the hot weather excuse to not turn on your oven! So, heat it up!
And have a great week!
Yogurt and orange plum cake
- Yield: 1 plum cake
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams sugar
- orange peel grated (peel of an orange)
- 250 grams natural yogurt in the original recipe 170 grams Greek yogurt
- 250 grams plain flour
- 16 grams baking powder
- 100 ml seed oil
- 70 ml orange juice freshly squeezed
- Beat the eggs with sugar and the orange peel until you have a soft and fluffy mixture.
- Add the yogurt and continue beating.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder and mix accurately with a spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Pre-heat the oven to 356°F (180°C).
- Add the oil and the orange juice little by little, mixing until completely absorbed.
- Grease and flour a plum cake mold, then pour in the mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 40 to 45 minutes (do the toothpick test).
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress