- SHOP LIST
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract (or lemon peel)
- powdered sugar
- self-rising flour
I fell in love with these tartlets at first sight, and then I read the description Delia Smith made about them here
I had to try them, and I have to tell you, my opinion is just the same!
- Yield: 12 tartlets
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
- 175 grams of unsalted butter spreadable
- 60 grams powdered sugar sifted, plus some for garnishing
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or lemon peel
- 150 grams of self-rising flour sieved
- 40 grams of cornflour
- 4 tbsp of jam I chose apricot one
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (356° F).
- Start off by beating the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract together with a wooden spoon until very soft and creamy and then stir in the sieved flour and cornflour to form a soft paste.
- Then divide the mixture between the paper cases. Using the back of a teaspoon dipped briefly in water, make a space in the centre of each one to about two thirds of the way down (so that you end up with a deep tartlet case).
- Bake the cakes near the centre of the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown – they will still be just slightly soft in the centre but don’t worry about that.
- Cool in the tins for 15 minutes, leaving them in their paper cases.
- Now fill the centre of each tartlet with jam and leave to finish cooling.
- Just before serving sift a light dusting of icing sugar over the top of each one. It doesn’t matter if the icing sugar obscures the jam – it will soon be absorbed so you’ll end up with delicious little red blobs in the centre.
- Store in an airtight tin.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress