- SHOP LIST
- seed oil
- mustard (optional)
This will be a very quick and trivial post, but I assure you it will be also very useful. And, if this is not enough, the recipe is very easy and the result delicious.
Too much very in a single phrase?! Believe me, they’re not too much!
Some time ago I read this post on Trattoria da Martina blog, on how to make a mayonnaise in 30 seconds, so I had to try. I took my hand mixer (necessary for this recipe) and I tried it, using a stopwatch and, I have to say it, it won’t take 30 seconds…. it will take 20 seconds!
So, following these simple directions, you’ll have a creamy and stiff home-made mayonnaise, perfect for any use.
Seriously, it took a lot more time taking the picture than making the mayonnaise!
I throw down the guantlet!
- Prep: 1 min
- 1 cold egg
- 220 grams seed oil cold (leave it in the fridge)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 tsp mustard optional
- In the glass of your hand mixer pour the ingredients IN THIS ORDER: egg (don’t break the egg yolk), seed oil, lemon juice (or vinegar), salt and mustard (optional).
- Insert the hand mixer and let it touch the bottom of the glass.
- Run it to the maximum speed and for the first 10 seconds don’t move it: you’ll se, on the bottom, the mixture starting to become mayonnaise.
- Now start to move up and down the hand mixer until you have a perfect stiff mayonnaise.
- It will be ready in 20 to 30 seconds.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress